Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE: According to Tim Hall with Madison County Schools, the lockdown has been lifted. Classes will dismiss at Sparkman High School and the 9th Grade Academy at 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, but deputies will remain at the school. Classes will resume as normal Thursday.
Sparkman High School and the 9th grade academy on the same campus were both put on lock down around 12:10 p.m. The Madison County Sheriff's Office is handling the situation after an anonymous potential gun threat was called in by phone.
The sheriff's office says the scene is safe, and officials are using safety protocols. Deputies and school resource officers are present, and investigators are speaking to persons of interest.
Parents have been notified, and students won't be able to be checked out until the lockdown is lifted. Gates to the school are currently blocked.
- Sparkman High School lockdown lifted after anonymous threat
- Cherokee High School lockdown lifted
- Student arrested after Sparkman High School was placed on lockdown
- Sparkman High School students win big
- Sparkman High School students receiving Chromebooks
- Sparkman High School unveils new turf field
- Sparkman High students host suicide awareness event
- Madison County Commission helps Sparkman High School reconfigure parking
- Friends remember Sparkman High School senior killed in weekend wreck
- Assembly at Sparkman High School tackles social issues