The weekday mail carrier in a south Huntsville neighborhood is tossing packages on people's front doors, leaving stuff broken and residents upset.
Breanna Melton recorded video of her mail carrier tossing her packages, and she told us she's gone to her postmaster more than once with the video. She said when she does things get better for a little while and then, eventually, go back to normal.
"He would just stand about two or three feet from the door, just kind of chuck them at the door, and he would just go on his way," Melton said.
In the more than two years she's been at her house, Melton said she's even been so bold as to show the mail carrier video of himself tossing her stuff around.
"He just kind of laughs and shrugs his shoulders and goes on about his way," Melton said.
Melton is a newlywed and a new homeowner and has found herself opening boxes of broken wedding gifts.
"It was awful because a lot of people, they didn't send, like, gift receipts, so sometimes we weren't able to return them and get them replaced," Melton said.
Melton's neighbor didn't want to go on camera, but he also shared his frustrations about their mail carrier. He said he's so tired of opening damaged packages that he pays extra to have most of his stuff be delivered by FedEx or UPS.
"It's just like he doesn't care," Melton said.
Melton said she'd even be okay with the mail carrier leaving packages on her trash can if it meant her deliveries would make it inside in one piece.
"The least you could do is just set it down nicely. You never know what's in there that could be fragile," she said.
WAAY 31 reached out to her specific post office and the national United States Postal Service about the issue, but we haven't heard back yet.
- South Huntsville residents complain of poor USPS package delivery
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office warns about package delivery scam
- Limestone County sheriff: Theft suspect followed deliveries, snatched packages
- Moore campaign complains about super PAC ad
- People complaining of vehicle damage after water got into gas supply at Huntsville Exxon station
- USPS is honoring military dogs with a 2019 stamp collection
- Huntsville police: 4 men attack delivery driver outside restaurant
- Surveillance footage: Huntsville police investigating after delivery driver attacked
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- Amazon shutters restaurant delivery service