A Somerville man was killed in a wreck Wednesday morning when he crashed into a utility pole.
Alabama State Troopers say the wreck happened at 6:30 a.m. and claimed the life of Jack Grandstaff, 35. They say he was killed when the SUV he was driving left the roadway on Vaughn Bridge Road and hit the pole.
According to troopers, Grandstaff was not wearing a seatbelt and died at the scene. The wreck happened six miles west of Hartselle.
Troopers are still investigating.
- Somerville man killed after crashing vehicle into utility pole
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- 1 Somerville man dead, 1 injured in Morgan County crash
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in crash with Huntsville Utilities vehicle
- Boaz man dead after truck hit utility pole, trees
- Decatur Utilities closing portion of Somerville Road to remove tree hanging over roadway
- Tuscumbia man killed in two vehicle crash
- 9 suspects arrested in Somerville drug bust
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight