ATLANTA (AP) - Authorities are looking for someone they say stole an SUV with two children inside and left them on major roadways.
Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury tells news outlets that 1-month-old Ava Wilmer and 4-year-old Arya Davenport were found after their mother's vehicle was stolen from a QuikTrip.
Authorities say the mother left the girls in the vehicle while she went inside a convenience store Wednesday. She exited the store and saw her vehicle being driven away.
An officer found Arya walking down the shoulder of a roadway near an interstate.
Marbury says a WSB-TV photojournalist led police to the baby after he spotted an object sitting in the road on the way to cover the scene.
The girls appeared to be Ok but were taken to Southern Regional Medical Center as a precaution.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/18/2018 8:30:47 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Police: Someone stole a car, dumped 2 girls on roadways
- Bessemer police chase suspect who stole police car
- Changing temperatures are affecting roadways
- Hartselle police say suspects broke into home and stole a car
- Huntsville police looking for suspects who stole car at gas station
- Cement truck flips over on roadway
- Dislodged mobile home blocking Decatur roadway
- Redstone Arsenal updates roadway flooding impact
- Madison County roadway reopens after gravel spill
- Flooding conditions reported on North Alabama roadways