Photo Gallery 20 Images
There are reports on Thursday of flooded roads throughout North Alabama.
Drivers should use caution and watch for water on the roadways.
These roads are reportedly impacted:
- Due to flooding, Mooresville Road has become impassable between Old Hwy. 20 and Huntsville Brownsferry Road, according to Limestone County EMA. Crews have placed barricades on each side of the flooding. Motorist are advised not to ignore these barricades.
- The Jackson County Emergency Management Agency says these roads are flooded as of 1 p.m. Thursday: Scenic Dr. in Hollywood, CR 42, CR 33, CR 452, CR 183, CR 8, CR 6, CR 119, CR 145, CR 102, CR 101, CR 11, CR 105, CR 21 and CR 359
- In Lincoln County, Main St., Maples, Lincoln Ave., Adams, Norris, Old Mulberry, Algeria to Franklin and Mian Ave. are flooded
- Water is over Bearden Mill Road in Fayetteville, Tennessee. It is currently blocked off with cones
- Eldad Road in Fayetteville, Tennessee is flooded
- Cassie Davis Street in Colbert County is flooded
- There is some flooding on Highway 72 in Limestone County
- County Road 270 is closed in Lawrence County
- Wall Road in Brownsboro is flooded
- Main Avenue between Walgreen's and Goodyear is flooded in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Highway 273 between mile markers 13 and 17 is flooded in Lincoln County, Tennessee
- The Stone Bridge Memorial Park area and the bridge on Thornton Taylor are flooded in Lincoln County, Tennessee
- Flooding is reported on County Road 851 in Collinsville
- Huntsville police say due to flooding, Little Cove Road is closed between Old Cove Place and McMullen Road
- Line Rd and Levert Ave are closed due to flooding
- The road is flooded on Highway 53 and Jones Avenue in Ardmore
- Flooding is reported on Homer Nance Road in Madison County
- Mentone police say Wade Gap Road at County Road 604 is washed out
- Barricades have been placed near 1254 Mt. Vernon Road and Old Guntersville Gadsden Road at Skyhaven Drive due to flooding
- Flooding is reported on Whiteoak, Needmore and Horton Roads in Marshall County
- Flooding is reported on Upper Elkton Road in Elkmont
- There is flooding on Line Road in Limestone County
- Decatur police say water is over the road on Finley Drive NW at the creek by 4th Avenue NW and by the railroad underpass at Railroad Street NW. The department says Finley will be closed at 4th and Railroad until the water recedes.
- The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says these roads are impacted: 3800 Block of Hog Jaw Rd, Spruce Mountain off of Apple Grove, 500 Block of Hyatt Bottom Rd, Pine Ridge Rd/Apple Grove Rd, Fowler Rd/Pines Rd, Forman Bottom Rd off of Pines Rd, 4300 Block of pleasant Valley Rd, South of Hwy 55 on Barkley Bridge Rd, Matkins Cove Road, Murphy Road and Williams Cove Road in the Cotaco, Lacey's Spring area, New Cut Rd just North of Hwy 55 W near Massey, Taylor Circle in Union Hill, Summerford Rd and Targum Rd
- The DeKalb County Emergency Management Agency says these roads are affected: Big Wills at Green Hill, CR 165 at Mentone, CR 85, CR 136, Wade Gap Rd, Wright Road at Henegar, CR 641 in Mentone, CR 1002, CR 39 near the Etowah County line and CR 45
- The Lincoln County Emergency Management Agency says these roads have flooding: Corders Cross Rd, Mason Rd, Rush Rd & Walker Rd, Old Lincoln Rd between Howell Hill and Lincoln Rd, just South of Shelton Rd, South Lincoln Rd between Cardinal Hill and Quick School Rd, the bridge at the intersection of Old Lincoln & Mooneyham Rd, Old Huntsville Hwy between Belleview and Lincoln Rd, Jenkins Dr and Suggs Hill, and Hot Rock. It’s reported that Parker Road is washed out.
You can find current weather alerts here. Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.