Photo Gallery 1 Images
On Friday, the Tennessee Valley Authority announced two solar farms will be built to power Facebook's data center in Huntsville.
TVA said one solar farm will be built in Colbert County and another one will be built in Lincoln County, Tennessee. TVA said the 377 mega watt output from the facilities will be all renewable energy, which is what Facebook wants their facility to be run off of.
In a press release, John Bradley, TVA's senior vice president of Economic Development said, “TVA’s commitment to the environment and our diverse portfolio are among the top reasons why businesses choose to relocate to the Valley. TVA’s ability to deliver large amounts of renewable, reliable energy at competitive rates makes the Valley an attractive place to do business and recruit quality jobs.”
First Solar will build the solar plant in Colbert County, and NextEra Energy Resources will build the solar farm in Lincoln County, Tennessee.
NextEra Engery has partnered with TVA in the past to build the state's largest solar farm, located in Lauderdale County.
- Solar farms to power Facebook will be built in Colbert Co. and Lincoln Co.
- Solar power project operational at Redstone Arsenal
- More solar farms coming to North Alabama and Southern Tennessee
- Google announces new solar farms in Alabama and Tennessee
- Power out at Hatton Elementary in Colbert County after wreck
- Proposed solar farm could be bigger than center in the Shoals
- Colbert County summer school program
- Colbert school board office burglarized
- Engineers built a robot fish that powers itself with 'fake blood'
- Florence fire trucks approved to be built