Shoals Hospital was placed on a soft lockdown Wednesday morning.
That lockdown has since been lifted. Muscle Shoals Police Chief Clint Reck said there is no type of active shooter in Muscle Shoals, and the lockdown was a precaution.
Reck said a patient died at the hospital and when the staff called to tell the family, they got upset. He said out of an abundance of caution, the hospital went on a soft lockdown.
- Soft lockdown lifted at hospital in Muscle Shoals
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Brooks High School in Killen placed on soft lockdown
- Driver taken to hospital after crashing into Muscle Shoals business
- Cherokee High School lockdown lifted
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting