A few showers developed this afternoon. Some of them came with blindingly heavy rain and even some lightning and thunder. No severe thunderstorms have formed, and none are likely to form. Showers this evening will likely end before 7 PM.
If you've gotten rain, your temperatures have dropped into the upper 70s. Away from the showers, temperatures held closer to 90 degrees this afternoon. Heat indices have been closer to 100 degrees.
A weak disturbance approaching the Tennessee Valley will bring a small increase in showers for Thursday. A few thunderstorms can mix in, too. A small increase in the coverage of showers and thunderstorms can still leave much of the Valley dry, but know that showers will be around and the odds are bigger than you can see some rain from them compared to where we've been through the week. Temperatures will behave similarly - expect lower 90s with near-100-degree heat indices, with upper 70s to lower 80s beneath those showers. Temperatures will recover quickly as the showers move along.
Severe thunderstorms are not expected, but rain can fall heavily at times. Lightning and thunder can come from some of the storms, too.
- Small Increase In Coverage Of Showers For Thursday
- Rain Increasing Starting Thursday
- Scattered Showers & T'Storms For Thursday
- Tuesday Showers, Then Rain Increases More
- Showers Increasing Friday Night & This Weekend
- Small church in Madison County doesn't plan to increase security
- More Showers On the Way For Thursday
- Rain chances and temperatures increase starting Thursday
- Expo highlights small businesses
- Small Plane Crash