Investigators in Jackson County are looking for a Skyline man whose mother and friend were stabbed. Deputies say 48-year-old Brian Scott is now a suspect in the case and is wanted for questioning. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Deputies received a call from 20 Sleepy Lane at around 3:15 on Wednesday morning where two victims, Brian Scott's mother and a friend, were stabbed and taken to the hospital for treatment.
Investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office tell WAAY31 the two victims are recovering, but the friend is currently being treated at Huntsville Hospital after suffering more serious injuries.
Some locals that knew Scott personally said they were not surprised to hear he is possibly involved in something like this. Pathik Patel works in Skyline and said things like this don't happen in this quiet town.
"This is actually the first time I've ever heard of something like that happening, because you know, quiet people are usually here peaceful and all and no confrontation, avoid confrontation," Patel said. "It's also surprising that something like this would happen here."
According to deputies, Scott has a criminal record and they are currently following up on leads in the case. In the meantime, deputies urge the public not to approach Scott if they see him and to contact the Jackson County's Sheriff Office.
- Jackson County deputies searching for suspect after stabbing
- Jackson County deputies search for suspect accused of stabbing man in the leg
- Jackson County stabbing suspect turns himself into authorities
- Police investigate stabbing incident in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Jackson County murder suspect posts bond
- Suspect charged for Jackson County murder
- Jackson County deputy fired, charged with bringing contraband into jail
- State Bureau of Investigation agents search suspect's truck after Jackson County Courthouse shooting
- Jackson County authorities renew search for 72-year-old Decatur man