CHICAGO (AP) - Loyola Chicago is back in the NCAA Tournament. And Sister Jean will be there, too. The 101-year-old team chaplain’s lobbying paid off when the school reversed course and announced she will go. That means she gets to watch her beloved Ramblers in person for the first time this season when Loyola meets Georgia Tech in Indianapolis on Friday. Sister Jean Dolores Schmidt couldn’t be happier. She says she wanted to go “because of the team.” The Ramblers are in the tournament for the first time since their stunning Final Four run in 2018. Sister Jean became at celebrity at age 98 back then with national TV interviews. She even got her own bobblehead.
Loyola Chicago and Sister Jean are back.
Posted: Mar 16, 2021 10:03 PM
- Sister Jean ready for another NCAA tourney run
- Loyola's good luck charm Sister Jean just turned 100
- Huntsville Basketball prepped for their state tourney run
- DeKalb County basketball tourney underway
- Raiders ready to run into 2018
- Charger Women ready to face tough Montevallo team in conference tourney
- UAH beats Montevallo, barely misses GSC Tourney
- Morard cards girls' tourney record 64
- Twin accidentally shoots 10-year-old sister
- A Sister Act for UNA Basketball
Scroll for more content...