The Alabama Department of Transportation will continue work on Interstate 65 at the Tennessee River bridge.
Crews will be working on the outside northbound lane to repair concrete Thursday and Friday, and that lane will be closed as a result.
The closure will begin after peak travel times, starting Thursday morning and will continue overnight. The reopening is anticipated Friday afternoon or evening as long as weather permits.
Motorists may experience a bump while crossing the bridge because of a steel plate being used for repairs. The Alabama Deapartment of Transportation advises travelers to drive with caution and adjust speeds accordingly.
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 65 southbound in Athens
- Interstate 65 lane closure causing delays
- Lane closures scheduled on Interstate 65 in Morgan County
- Traffic alert: 3-mile backup reported on Interstate 65 near Decatur
- Decatur firefighters extinguish vehicle fire on Interstate 65
- Elkmont man, 87, dies after rollover wreck on Interstate 65
- Drivers can expect delays on South Memorial Parkway
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 565 due to cable barrier repair
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 565 in Limestone Co. while crews fix potholes