WASHINGTON (AP) - A singer and potential congressional candidate says she has filed a sexual assault complaint against President Donald Trump's former campaign manager for hitting her twice on her buttocks during a Washington gathering in November.
Joy Villa, a Trump backer who wore a "Make America Great Again" dress at the Grammys this year, says she will meet with detectives in Washington next week about the complaint against Corey Lewandowski. She tells The Associated Press that she was initially reluctant to come forward because she was fearful of any backlash.
She says Lewandowski struck her "extremely hard" even after she told him to stop.
Villa says she went to the police after a friend who witnessed the incident spoke about it publicly, and other friends urged her to come forward.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/26/2017 4:35:03 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Singer files sex assault complaint against former Trump aide Lewandowski
- Roy Moore files complaint against accusers
- King files ethics complaint against Marshall
- Federal civil rights complaint filed against Fayetteville fire chief
- Two complaints filed against Huntsville City Schools contractor
- Limestone Co. Sheriff's Office employee files labor complaint
- Singer Chris Brown is arrested in Florida
- Roy Moore Files Lawsuit, John Merrill says Complaint Won't Change Certification Process
- Personnel file released for Decatur Officer charged with assault
- More sex abuse charges filed against Alabama evangelist