Briley Holland, was taken by ambulance to Huntsville Hospital after her boyfriend, Adam Cottingham, shot her in the legs after an argument on September 18, 2018.
According to Holland, she and her friend, Asia Gardner, went to her and Cottingham's home at County Road 222 in Moulton to collect some of her belongings when he came outside and shot toward the road. Cottingham then shot one round toward the ground shooting Holland in both legs.
Gardner drove Holland to her grandmother's house in Trinity where she then called the Sheriff's Office and EMS. Holland was released from Huntsville Hospital that night with non-life threatening injuries.
Deputies attempted to locate Cottingham, but he had left his residence. Officials said Holland has declined to prosecute.
- Shooting reported in Lawrence County
- Coroner: Man killed in Lawrence County shooting
- Lawrence County elects new sheriff
- Mobile homes damaged, flooding reported in Lawrence and Limestone counties
- Town Creek man killed Sunday in Lawrence County shooting
- Lawrence County man killed in wreck
- 19 arrested in Lawrence County drug operation
- Man's body found in Lawrence County, Tenn.
- Lawrence County Sheriff's chief of staff suspended
- Lawrence County authorities searching for jail escapee