A 17-year-old boy is dead after an accidental shooting at the Magnolia Place apartment complex on 102 Winchester Road.
The victim's 15-year-old brother was the one holding the rifle, and officials say the victim was shot in the head. According to Lt. Johnson with Huntsville Police, the brother was questioned following the shooting and has been released.
Investigators are still working to identify the exact make and model of the weapon. Johnson said the case will go to a grand jury.
A grand jury will look at all the facts in the case and decide whether or not the teen, or possibly the parents, will face any charges related to the shooting.
A grand jury consists of people from all over the community. Right now we don't know exactly when the grand jury will be convened because it is still early in the process.
- 17-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment
- One dead in fatal apartment shooting in Huntsville
- Authorities find missing 17-year-old boy
- One person hospitalized after Huntsville apartment shooting
- UPDATE: Huntsville police say Memorial Day shooting was accidental
- Fire reported in Huntsville apartment
- Apartment complex hires Huntsville police after overnight shooting
- Huntsville Police swarm apartment complex after New Year's Eve shooting
- One victim dies after shooting at Huntsville apartment complex
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire