Photo Gallery 1 Images
Two big capital murder cases in the Shoals have been moved to February after being continued Friday in Lauderdale County.
Justin "Pop a Molly" Butler and Steven Stanfield appeared at the Lauderdale County Courthouse Friday morning in shackles and chains. Both men are charged with capital murder in separate cases.
The Lauderdale County District Attorney's Office says Butler was already serving time for killing a South Carolina man when he was indicted for the 2013 murder of Eric Watkins in Lauderdale County.
Stanfield is charged with capital murder for allegedly shooting two people inside a Lauderdale County home in 2015, according to the district Attorney's Office.
Prosecutors told WAAY 31 the county will not seek the death penalty in either case but instead life without parole for both men.
Butler and Stanfield are being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center until their trials start.
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Man charged with capital murder in Muscle Shoals homicide
- Preliminary hearings in capital murder cases delayed
- Huntsville capital murder suspect's hearing moved to a later date
- Supreme Court won't hear 1996 Huntsville capital murder case
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Peter Capote found guilty of capital murder
- Capital murder suspect to appear in court
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Muscle Shoals TV series moves along in development