Photo Gallery 1 Images
Officials are hoping a $2.4 million building will attract Mazda Toyota suppliers to the Shoals. The new Speculative (SPEC) building is 100,000 square feet and is located in the Muscle Shoals industrial park off of Counts Drive.
The building can also be expanded to 150,000 square feet.
"Of course we want to be very active on the Toyota Mazda front. We feel like we have a good portfolio of SPEC buildings and sites to meet just about any needs of Toyota Mazda suppliers moving forward," said Kevin Jackson, the Vice President of the Shoals Economic Development Authority.
They cut the ribbon on the new Muscle Shoals SPEC building Tuesday morning. Jackson said this will give any industry who wants to buy the building a leg up.
"The big thing with SPEC buildings, you're going to give somebody a 4 to 6 month lead time on their facility so they don't have to come in and build it from the ground up," said Jackson. "You're looking at a 6 month lead time to get them to their project and going to the door, so that's why we build them."
This building is one of five built by the Shoals Economic Development Authority to attract more industries to the Shoals. Officials said they have already had some interest in the building from possible Mazda Toyota suppliers.
SEDA said it is willing to negotiate the price for the right customer, but that will depend on the scope of the industry wanting to come in and how many jobs they could bring in too.
- Shoals Economic Development Authority hopes to attract more industry with new SPEC building
- 40,000 square foot SPEC building up for grabs in Rogersville
- Shoals preparing to lure in companies attracted by Mazda-Toyota
- North Huntsville Industrial Park development filling up
- Bridgeport chosen for program to increase city's economic development
- Alabama House approves ethics exemption for economic developers
- 2 Huntsville projects win 2019 economic development awards
- Muscle Shoals TV series moves along in development
- Crews investigating after fire at medical building near Shoals Hospital
- Medical office building at Shoals Hospital closed indefinitely after fire