Marshall County's sheriff says one of his jail inmates apparently killed himself. Sheriff Scott Walls said today jailers found the dead man this morning.
The discovery came during morning cell checks.
The State Bureau of Investigation is leading an external probe of the inmate’s death. A medical examiner will perform an autopsy.
The sheriff's office has asked for help from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to find next of kin.
- Sheriff: Inmate kills himself in Marshall County jail
- Marshall County sheriff’s son arrested, jailed
- 2 Marshall County inmates charged with having contraband in jail
- Marshall County Jail inmate charged with jewelry theft
- Jail improvements underway at Marshall County Sheriff's Office
- Marshall County sheriff plans for more renovations at the jail
- Marshall County Sheriff blames under funding for jail incident
- Sheriff Phil Sims suspends visitation at Marshall County Jail
- Marshall County sheriff cleaning up the jail, his staff
- Sheriff: Lawrence County Jail inmate bites one jailer, hits another