MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities are searching by land and by air for two inmates who escaped from a Tennessee jail.
Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh said in a Facebook post that the inmates overpowered an officer, climbed over a razor wire and escaped early Wednesday from the jail in Murfreesboro.
The sheriff's office said teams of local and state officers are using K-9s and a helicopter to aid the search for 43-year-old Dewayne Lee Halfacre of Lynchburg and 28-year-old Jonathan Cody Baxter of Murfreesboro. Halfacre was being held on a charge of aggravated assault and aggravated robbery and Baxter was being held for failing to appear in court on a theft charge.
Authorities say both inmates were last seen wearing white T-shirts and orange pants.
- Sheriff: 2 inmates overpower officer, escape Tennessee jail
- Escaped Shoals inmate back in jail
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Female inmate escapes Tuscumbia City Jail
- Jackson County Jail escaped inmate recaptured
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office arrests man for harboring escaped jail inmate
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office stops attempted inmate escape
- Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office seeks ‘dangerous’ escaped inmate
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office says inmate escaped in 30 seconds
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured