MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities are searching by land and by air for two inmates who escaped from a Tennessee jail.
Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh said in a Facebook post that the inmates overpowered an officer, climbed over a razor wire and escaped early Wednesday from the jail in Murfreesboro.
The sheriff's office said teams of local and state officers are using K-9s and a helicopter to aid the search for 43-year-old Dewayne Lee Halfacre of Lynchburg and 28-year-old Jonathan Cody Baxter of Murfreesboro. Halfacre was being held on a charge of aggravated assault and aggravated robbery and Baxter was being held for failing to appear in court on a theft charge.
Authorities say both inmates were last seen wearing white T-shirts and orange pants.
- Sheriff: 2 inmates overpower officer, escape Tennessee jail
- Escaped Shoals inmate back in jail
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured
- Escaped inmate recaptured
- Search for escaped inmate
- Escaped inmate captured
- Inmates use hammer to escape from Tuscumbia City Jail
- UPDATE: Inmates recaptured hours after Marion County Jail escape
- Escaped inmate captured near Geraldine