Photo Gallery 1 Images
Rogersville Police Chief Terry Holden told WAAY 31, David Calvert, the manager of 72 Roadhouse Restaurant is charged with attempted rape.
David Calvert was charged him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
WAAY 31 will continue to update this story as more information is made available.
**Previous Story ***
Chief Holden tells WAAY 31 police responded to the 72 Roadhouse Restaurant on Highway 72 in Rogersville around 6 pm on Monday for a welfare check on a 19-year-old female.
When officers arrived at the restaurant, they found the female unresponsive and hardly breathing, according to Holden.
The victim was taken to Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital and administered a rape kit.
Right now, police are waiting for evidence collected from the rape kit.
Before the victim became unconscious, she called a friend saying she was being raped.
Now, investigators say they are working to determine if she was drugged without her knowledge.
Police say the victim does work at the restaurant.
Police arrested David Calvert and charged him with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and attempted rape. He was taken to the Lauderdale County Detention Center.
Two other restaurant employees were also arrested for outstanding warrants. Ashlynn Fulghum, the bartender at the restaurant was arrested for outstanding traffic warrants.
Jerry Griffin, the cook, was arrested for outstanding drug warrants. Rogersville police also said Griffin could face additional charges becasue they found pot and pills in his possession.
The restaurant is now locked by the Rogersville Police Department as the investigation continues.
- UPDATE: Manager of a Rogersville restaurant charged with attempted rape
- Rape investigation in Rogersville shuts down restaurant
- Man charged in Rogersville stabbing
- Three more abuse cases opened linked to Rogersville restaurant
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck
- Man charged with attempted rape, sexual abuse of child
- Rogersville woman identified in deadly Limestone County wreck
- Governor Kay Ivey issues $5,000 reward in unsolved Rogersville murder
- Seven people hospitalized in Rogersville after contact with vape pen
- 40,000 square foot SPEC building up for grabs in Rogersville