Severe weather could be dangerous for anyone, but especially for those who live in mobile homes.
During the height of the storm some families in the Huntsville Mobile Home Estates experience heavy winds and fallen trees.
A family of five living in the mobile park was awakened by the sound of a tree falling on their house. The powerful wind snapped their neighbor’s tree in half landing on their mobile home. The family was forced out for fear that the roof could collapse at any time.
Once the tree is removed by the property management group, the family doesn’t know who will pay for the repairs, because they do not have renters insurance.
- Severe weather especially dangerous for mobile homes
- WAAY 31 I-Team: Severe weather draws new attention to Alabama mobile home regulations
- Dangerous severe thunderstorms possible Saturday evening
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Dislodged mobile home blocking Decatur roadway
- Overnight fire destroys a mobile home
- Severe weather threat continues Monday
- Dangerous severe storm risk growing for Monday night & Tuesday morning
- Dangerous severe storms growing increasingly likely next Monday & Tuesday
- Dangerous severe storms bring risk for tornadoes & damaging wind tonight