Secretary Ben Carson will be in North Alabama on Thursday. He's scheduled to be in Russellville along with Gov. Kay Ivey.
Carson's visit to Russellville is apart of a listening tour where he will hear directly from the community about barriers they face when it comes to affordable housing.
As the secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Carson is focused on making affordable housing accessible across the country.
Just a few days ago, the department launched the "Driving Affordable Housing Across America Bus Tour." He kicked off the tour in Louisville, Kentucky.
He'll hold a town hall on Thursday where he will listen to the community about affordable housing issues in Franklin County.
We've also been told Carson will make a national announcement while here in town.
- Secretary Ben Carson to visit Russellville
- Ben Carson visits Russellville plant, talks manufactured housing regulations
- Damage in Russellville
- Pioneer Day celebration in Russellville
- Housing Secretary Carson pledges commitment to fair housing
- Secretary of the Army visits Redstone Arsenal
- Secretary of the Army visits Huntsville
- Russellville police searching for auto thief
- Russellville man dies in motorcycle wreck