Huntsville Hospital's Canines for Coping program is making a new addition.
Thanks to a $70,441 grant from PetSmart Charities to the hospital's foundation, a second facility dog will be added to the program.
The addition comes just five months after the program unveiled its first dog, Asteroid.
The grant will cover the cost of the dog and its intensive training so it can help reduce stress and anxiety among patients.
- Second facility dog coming to Huntsville Hospital
- Meet Asteroid, Alabama's first hospital facility dog and Huntsville Hospital's new employee
- Changes coming to Huntsville City Schools' facility use guidelines
- Local hospital to get major facility upgrades
- New cancer treatment facility coming to Florence
- New recreational facilities coming to Madison County
- Mazda Toyota establish company for Huntsville facility
- Toyota adding 450 jobs at Huntsville facility
- Dynetics welcomes new facility in Huntsville
- 1 hospitalized in Huntsville shooting