A Leighton man has been arrested in connection with a Feb. 4 murder in Phil Campbell.
Franklin County Sheriff Shannon Oliver said Thomas Martin, 23, of Leighton was arrested and charged with murder Tuesday.
Oliver said preliminary autopsy results show that Jason Poore was beat up and shot with a small caliber gun.
Poore was found unresponsive outside of his home on Highway 81. Law enforcement said he did not have any stab or gunshot wounds and believe he may have been beaten to death.
Law enforcement previously charged Brittany Barnett, 21, with murder in the case. Phil Campbell police said Barnett and Poore once were in a relationship. Phil Campbell Police Chief Joe Fike said there were signs of an altercation inside and outside the house.
Prior to Poore’s death, Barnett had been out on bond for a child endangerment charge.
- Second arrest made in Phil Campbell murder
- Westminster Christian wins big over Phil Campbell
- Update: Police identify suspect in Phil Campbell murder
- Arrest made in Binford Drive murder
- Third arrest made in Binford Drive murder
- Arrest made in 2012 Huntsville murder cold case
- UPDATE: Phil Fulmer named Tennessee's athletics director
- Army, FBI investigating soldier death at Fort Campbell
- Estranged husband indicted in Fort Campbell soldier's death
- Senior Bowl says Phil Savage leaving as executive director