Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: Deputies are looking for Jeffrey Wayne Kent of unincorporated Hartselle. The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says he is 5'11" and weighs 170 lbs.
Kent is wanted for four misdemeanor warrants and two felony warrants stemming from drug-related charges. If you have information about his whereabouts, call 911 or 256-350-4613.
The woman in custody is identified as Edith Smith Griffin of Lacey's Spring.
WAAY 31 was previously told by the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office that Kent was in custody. We were then told that was incorrect, and Kent is still wanted.
The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says one person is in custody and another is on the run after a chase Tuesday morning.
The department says a car chase began on Highway 231 and ended just inside Marshall County on Irby Circle. Deputies have the female driver in custody.
According to the sheriff’s office, the male passenger ran away, and deputies are searching for him.
- 1 in custody, 1 sought after Morgan County car chase
- One in custody, one sought after car chase from Tennessee
- 1 Morgan County inmate recaptured, 1 sought
- Two suspects arrested for Morgan County burglaries; third suspect sought
- Morgan County deputies arrest woman after chase
- Sheriff: Man in custody after traffic stop turned high-speed chase in Morgan County
- 3 suspects in custody for Morgan County vehicle break-ins
- Morgan County sheriff: Man in jail after leading deputies on car, foot chase
- Morgan County high-speed chase ends in arrests, drug bust
- Morgan County man charged after deputies stop chase with Taser