According to our abc affiliate in Nashville, WKRN, crews are searching for a kayaker who went missing on the Elk River in Giles County over the weekend.
The man has been identified as Anthony Cooper and he was last seen putting his kayak in the river Sunday morning. According to WKRN, officials say a short time later, the kayak was seen floating down the river upside down with no sign of Copper in sight.
Crews started searching for Cooper Sunday night. His kayak has been recovered with a life-jacket found behind the seat.
Cooper's family has been notified. Right now, no additional information has been released.
- Search underway for missing kayaker
- Search for missing Limestone County kayaker now recovery effort
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- Florence starts work on popular kayak site
- Search for missing man continues
- Madison County river packed with kayakers during Memorial Day weekend
- Rescue crews save 4 kayakers from Flint River
- Huntsville police: More arrests made in Flint River kayaking attack