4 p.m. Thursday UPDATE from Alabama State Troopers: There has been no contact with any vehicle along the South Sauty Creek in Buck’s Pocket State Park. ALEA will attempt to fly it’s helicopter tomorrow if weather permits.
Update: State Park Rangers are looking for the vehicle Thursday.
Alabama State Troopers say the water level has risen several feet above Wednesday's water level.
“As of this morning, two State Park Rangers have begun walking the banks of South Sauty Creek. They will attempt a two-mile hike to Morgan's Cove in search of the vehicle," said Senior Trooper Chuck Daniel.
Officials will also be putting together a two-week schedule of volunteers and state park officials to help with search efforts.
On Thursday, we’re waiting to learn if the search for a missing driver will resume in Jackson County.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said it's unlikely rescue crews will be able to get in the water Thursday because of the weather.
Alabama State Troopers say there is no determined time for the search to resume. They say it will be determined by whether crews can search safely.
Officials tell us a car drove into floodwaters at Buck's Pocket State Park on Wednesday. That's near the Jackson and DeKalb county line.
Officials had to suspend the search Wednesday because of the darkness and rough waters.
Right now, deputies have not found the driver of the car and they aren't sure how many people may have been in the car.
Since this happened on the Jackson and DeKalb county line, officials from multiple agencies responded.
- Crews discover missing driver, vehicle in Buck's Pocket State Park
- Driver still missing at Buck's Pocket State Park in Jackson County
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Search for missing person suspended at Buck's Pocket State Park
- Search of missing person at Buck's Pocket State Park resumes
- Search for missing teen resumes at Buck's Pocket State Park
- Search for missing driver at Buck's Pocket suspended indefinitely
- Search for missing driver at Buck’s Pocket State Park ends, will restart Saturday
- Gates will be installed at Buck's Pocket State Park
- UPDATE: Rushing water hindering search for teen missing in Buck’s Pocket State Park creek
- Vehicle expected to be pulled from Buck's Pocket State Park where teen went missing