On Wednesday, the search for a missing DeKalb County teen resumed.
Koy Spears was swept away by flood waters a week and a half ago at Buck's Pocket State Park. The search was suspended several times due to weather conditions.
Investigators returned to the park on Wednesday and are still trying to recover the teen's body. Divers are being used in the water, and helicopters are searching through the state park.
At one point on Wednesday, a police spokesperson said officials thought they may have gotten a hit using infrared technology, but that turned out to not be the case.
WAAY 31 will continue to follow the search and provide updates.
- Search resumes for missing DeKalb County teen
- Search for missing DeKalb County teen resumes as flood waters recede
- Search for DeKalb County teen continues Tuesday
- Search for missing teen resumes at Buck's Pocket State Park
- Bibb County authorities searching for missing teen
- Search for boater missing on Smith Lake to resume Monday
- DeKalb County teen killed in ATV wreck
- Missing DeKalb County teen's mother hopeful to see her son soon
- Missing 11-year-old DeKalb county girl found dead
- Bad weather hurts search for teen missing off Alabama beach