UPDATE at 11:45 P.M. FRIDAY: The Madison County Sheriff's Office reports that Pamela Pittner was found deceased about 2 miles from where her car was located toward West Limestone Road.
It is believed she drowned.
UPDATE at 5:27 p.m.: The woman has been identified as Pamela Pittner. The search continues.
Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Madison County Rescue Squad are searching for a woman after a vehicle was located in Banyon Swamp Creek on Murphy Hill Road Thursday morning.
The sheriff’s office said the 57-year-old female was last seen about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday wearing red polka dot pajama bottoms and house coat with a tank top.
If you have seen a person fitting that description in the Hazel Green/Toney area contact dispatch at 256-722-7181. Toney Fire and Rescue searched along with other county and state agencies for several hours Thursday afternoon.
The man who found Pittner's car Thursday morning told WAAY 31 the water in the creek was around 5 feet deep when he went to sleep on Wednesday night. He did not hear anything during the night.
Pittner's son and fiancé did not want to talk to WAAY 31 Thursday. They were visible distraught and just want to find her. The search for her will resume Friday morning as soon as the sun comes up.
- Update: Woman missing from submerged vehicle found dead in Madison
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found
- UPDATE: Missing Florence woman found
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Inmate found dead in Madison County Jail
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Madison man found dead in Jackson County cave
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Bessemer man found safe