The Scottsboro Police Department says since Anthony Scott, the 17-year-old who was shot with a stolen gun Wednesday, has died, the charge for the suspect, 16-year-old Jacob Taylor Isbell, was upgraded from assault first-degree to manslaughter.
Isbell is being charged as an adult and is being held at the Jackson County Jail on a $100,000 bond. He was arrested last week and was being held on a $15,000 bond for the assault charge.
Anthony Scott; Photo: https://www.gofundme.com/f/for-my-son-anthony-scott
Police say Scott and Isbell were playing with stolen guns when the gun Isbell had went off and shot Scott. The two had broken into cars to retrieve the stolen guns, according to police.
- Scottsboro police: Charge upgraded to manslaughter in fatal teen shooting
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Teen charged with manslaughter in Birmingham school shooting
- Scottsboro woman charged in Sunday afternoon shooting
- Madison County man charged with manslaughter in fatal 2017 crashes
- Scottsboro police: Teen shot by stolen gun has died
- Scottsboro judge submits resignation
- Earthquake reported near Scottsboro
- Two arrested on drug charges in Scottsboro