Tiffany Kelley was stabbed to death on the night of September 22, 2018 and left alongside Green Cove Road in South Huntsville.
X'Zavier Scott, 20
Domanek Jackson, 16
Huntsville Police traveled to southwest Alabama on Thursday to interview Scott. They did not talk with Jackson, however Clarke County investigators spoke to her the night before.
The two suspects are charged with capital murder, so they won't get bond and Jackson is charged as an adult.
The crime is considered capital, because the suspects allegedly planned to kill whoever they stole a car from, however they did not target Kelley specifically.
Scott told investigators that he and Jackson had hitchhiked to Huntsville from Clarke County in southwest Alabama and that they decided they wanted to go home when they ran out of money. They were at the Dollar General for about 15 minutes before Kelley gave them a ride.
The three were headed towards Kelley's house, because she only had her debit card and not her ID card. Scott told investigators that she wanted to get it first and agreed to give them a ride with her husband. In the turn lane at Ivory Lane and Green Cove Road, she was stabbed in the neck and thrown out of her car.
A family member of one of the suspects told police they were cleaning the car and burning personal items that were inside the car. However, investigators say they didn't get rid of all evidence.
Sergeant Jack Pugh of the Huntsville Police Department said investigators described a lack of remorse from Scott.
"The only thing he did ask was how his girlfriend was doing, but nothing for the victim," Pugh said. "I did ask him how he knew she was deceased. He said he had assumed, because if you get stabbed in the neck you would die."
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in death of Tiffany Kelley
- Father charged with capital murder in adopted girl's death
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Jury recommends death penalty in Colbert County capital murder trial
- Man charged with capital murder for shooting after argument
- Man charged with capital murder for Athens shooting
- Second man charged with Athens capital murder of Darius Allen
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- Man facing capital murder charges seeks youthful offender status