Several local school systems are delaying the start of school as kids return from the holiday break.
Schools officials say it’s because of the extreme cold weather.
Albertville City Schools will also be on a two hour delay through Friday.
Arab City Schools will have a 2-hour delay on Thursday and Friday.
Boaz City Schools are on a two hour delay for Thursday & Friday.
Decatur City Schools will have a 2 hour delay on Thursday.
Franklin County, Alabama Schools will have a 2 hour delay on Thursday and Friday.
Guntersville says they will also delay the start of school by two hours through Friday.
Huntsville City Schools are delaying their start time by two hours through Friday. Busses will also run on a two-hour delayed schedule. All elementary, middle, P-8 and junior high classes will start at 10am. Doors will open at 9am for student drop-off.
Jackson County Schools are on a two hour delay for Thursday & Friday.
Limestone County Schools & buses will have a delayed start of two hours for Thursday.
Madison City will delay the start of school two hours for Thursday: pre-k 9:55 am, elementary 9:40 am, middle school 10:05 am, high school 10:15 am.
Madison County Schools will be on a two hour delay for Thursday and Friday.
Russellville City Schools will have open at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday and Friday. Buses will run 2 ½ hours late.
- School delays due to cold weather
- School closings and delays due to weather
- School closures, delays due to severe weather
- Shoals area schools delayed due to flooding
- School closings due to weather
- Business closures and delays due to severe weather
- Redstone Arsenal delaying access to public due to safety issues
- SpaceX delays mega rocket launch due to high wind shear
- Road work on Governors Drive delayed due to rain
- School closings and delays because of winter weather