Scammers are now targeting people looking for love online.
It's a scam that police are calling a romance scam, that's been capturing money not hearts.
The scammers pretend to be in love with someone, and ask for financial help but once they get the money the person never hears from them again.
Scammers go online to peoples Facebook and use pictures of other people.
More than 1 million Americans have fallen for these kinds of scams in the last three years.
According to the Better Business Bureau,more than 18 people in the Tennessee Valley have been scammed in the last few years due to romance scams.
If you feel you have been the victim of a scam you are asked to call police.
- Scammers targeting people looking for love online
- Muscle Shoals police: Scammers targeting people using landline phones
- Scottsboro City Schools employees targeted by scammers
- Madison County family targeted by scammers after losing cat
- Huntsville Utilities says scammers are targeting businesses and churches
- Scammers are calling people in the Decatur area
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers
- Scammers calling victims after the tornado
- Fayetteville scammers pretend to be utility workers
- Madison authorities searching for card cloning scammer