The Southern Professional Hockey League hosted their inaugural "Challenge Round" in Huntsville on Sunday. A first of it's kind in American professional sports where the top three seeds in the playoffs choose their first round opponent from the teams seeded five through eight.
As the four-seed, the Huntsville Havoc waited for the challenges to be thrown out and were left to face the final team remaining which happened to be the Mississippi RiverKings who the Havoc just played a three-game series against to close out the year.
- SPHL's 'Challenge Round' makes history in Huntsville
- Havoc, Mayhem clash in SPHL semifinals on Wednesday
- Austin High Stadium Makes History
- What to know as the Havoc open the SPHL playoffs vs. the RiverKings
- UNA Women's Golf Program makes history
- Huntsville to host the NASA Space Apps Challenge hackathon event
- Rounds of rain & storms
- 2018 Playoffs Round 1
- Gift card scam making the rounds on Facebook
- Decatur police warn of scam making the rounds