The Southern Professional Hockey League hosted their inaugural "Challenge Round" in Huntsville on Sunday. A first of it's kind in American professional sports where the top three seeds in the playoffs choose their first round opponent from the teams seeded five through eight.
As the four-seed, the Huntsville Havoc waited for the challenges to be thrown out and were left to face the final team remaining which happened to be the Mississippi RiverKings who the Havoc just played a three-game series against to close out the year.
- SPHL's 'Challenge Round' makes history in Huntsville
- Huntsville announces #GoPlayHsv Challenge
- Havoc, Mayhem clash in SPHL semifinals on Wednesday
- Small Huntsville firm helped make history for the Saturn V
- Huntsville Havoc to face Pensacola Ice Flyers in Challenge Round of Playoffs
- Austin High Stadium Makes History
- What to know as the Havoc open the SPHL playoffs vs. the RiverKings
- UNA Women's Golf Program makes history
- Hazel Green girls basketball making school history
- Madison Uhl making Buckhorn soccer history