ROCK HILL, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eye drops.
Lana Sue Clayton was charged with the murder of her husband, Stephen, after poisonous levels of tetrahydrozoline was discovered in his system.
That chemical is found in eye drops.
According to police, Clayton admitted to giving her husband the substance without his knowledge over a period of several days.
Neighbors of the couple told CNN affiliate WSCO that the couple had been married for eight years.
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Woman charged with poisoning husband with eye drops
- SC News anchor and photographer killed when tree falls on their SUV
- Police: woman killed husband because he beat cat
- Husband of online exhibitionist indicted in killing
- Author of "How To Kill Your Husband' arrested for killing her husband
- 14 worms pulled from Oregon woman's eye
- Falkville police: Woman accused in shooting death of husband released from jail
- Woman's purse, late husband's wallet stolen at Decatur hospital
- Police: Cullman County woman with road rage shoots husband