MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Failed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore is raising money to pay legal bills stemming from a lawsuit by a woman who accused him of sexual misconduct.
The Moore campaign sent a fundraising email to supporters Wednesday asking for donations to pay his legal expenses related to a suit filed earlier this month by Leigh Corfman.
The email claims Moore has "very minimal" resources after his losing Republican campaign against Democrat Doug Jones. And it says Moore needs as much as $250,000 for a court fight.
Corfman is among several women who said Moore pursued them sexually decades ago when they were teens and he was in his 30s.
She filed suit after the election, claiming Moore and his campaign defamed her by claiming she was a liar and immoral.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/25/2018 1:26:50 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Roy Moore seeking money for fight against female accuser
- Roy Moore files complaint against accusers
- Roy Moore asking for money to pay his lawyers
- Roy Moore drops defamation lawsuit
- Investigators: Roy Moore accuser's house fire not politically motivated
- Tech exec raises $160,000 for Roy Moore accuser
- Roy Moore supporters sticking by their man
- Roy Moore campaign communications director steps down
- Google removes 'misleading' anti-Roy Moore advertisement