The Voice of the Auburn Tigers, Rod Bramblett, and his wife, Paula, were involved in a serious two-vehicle car accident Saturday evening. Opelika-Auburn News's Troy Turner first reported this accident.
Turner also reported both Paula and Rod Bramblett have passed away due to injuries during this accident.
Lee County Coroner Bill Harris released a statement at 10:05 p.m. Saturday:
"A two-vehicle motor vehicle collision Saturday afternoon about 6:00 PM has claimed one life and critically injured another person. The accident happened at the intersection of Samford Avenue and Shug Jordan Parkway in Auburn.
"The driver of one vehicle was transported to EAMC and then airlifted by helicopter to UAB Hospital in Birmingham with critical injuries.
"The driver of the other vehicle was taken by ambulance to EAMC emergency room with non-life-threatening injuries."
Alcohol was not a factor in the accident, which remains under investigation by the Lee County Coroner’s Office and the Auburn Police Division, Harris said.
The accident involved the SUV driven by the Brambletts and an SUV driven by a 16-year-old driver who also was injured in the accident, which occurred on Shug Jordan Parkway at West Samford Avenue.
The teen injured was in serious condition and taken to East Alabama Medical Center.
Auburn Athletics released the following statement Saturday:
“Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula, were involved in a serious car accident early Saturday evening in Auburn.
"We ask the Auburn Family to keep the Bramblett family in your thoughts and prayers.”
WAAY 31 will update as new information comes in.
- Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula involved in serious accident
- Funeral arrangements set for Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula, following car crash
- Auburn fans not going home after Tigers' loss to Virginia
- Auburn wins!
- Train carrying GOP lawmakers involved in accident
- Will Ferrell involved in car accident
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Will Ainsworth's wife taken to Huntsville hospital after gun accident
- Tigers draft Auburn right-hander Casey Mize with No. 1 pick
- Huntsville Police officer involved in early morning accident