Laney Nicholson, 33, and Seth Holcomb, 32, of Huntsville were arrested after police say they tried to rob the Conoco on Pulaski Pike.
Police say the two came into the store demanding money. They were armed with machetes. Unfortunately for the pair, so was the store clerk. A fight broke out leaving all three with cuts to their hands, and significant damage to the store. It was all caught on camera.
Laney Nickleson and Seth Holcomb
The two got away with money, but were caught by police at the Burger King on Memorial Parkway. Huntsville police released surveillance footage of the incident.
Nicholson is charged with two counts of first-degree robbery, third-degree assault and two counts of first-degree criminal mischief. Her bond was set at $75,000. Holcomb is charged with fourth-degree theft of property, two counts of first-degree criminal mischief and two counts of first-degree robbery. His bond was set at $90,000.
The clerk involved in the machete fight told WAAY31 he didn't want to make a comment during the police investigation. Others who work there say this is the first fight at the gas station, but it is one of strangest.
- Machete armed robbers met with machete armed cashier at Huntsville convenience store
- Watch: Surveillance video shows machete fight outside Huntsville gas station
- 2 injured in Huntsville convenience store shooting
- Huntsville police searching for cell store robber
- Help police find armed robbers after shots fired in Athens
- Armed Forces Celebration Week begins in Huntsville
- Decatur man charged with convenience store robbery
- Killen convenience store damaged by fire
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- Huntsville police looking for serial robber