According to the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT), crews will start widening and resurfacing Alabama 277 today.
The work is happening between Alabama 62 and Signal Point Road (Marshall County 455) in Guntersville.
Once complete, the $3,385,437 project will add a 2-foot safety widening between Alabama 62 and Short Creek in addition to resurfacing the 10.3 mile project area.
Crews will be out working from about 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
The work starts on Alabama 277 northbound from Alabama 62.
According to ALDOT, drivers should expect single-lane closures and traffic stops in alternating directions.
- Road work starts today in Guntersville
- Marshall Co. Commission approves resurfacing for several Guntersville roads
- Guntersville dentist back at work after drug bust in office
- Roundabout might help Guntersville traffic
- Vigil held for Guntersville woman
- HydroFest in Guntersville wants volunteers
- Excitement builds for Guntersville's HydroFest
- Guntersville store owner helps police nab escapees
- Guntersville woman charged with meth trafficking
- Teachers voluntarily clean Guntersville school during closure