Rain has ended, but the break will be brief.
Clouds will clear tonight. The low by morning will be 38 degrees. Clouds will increase Saturday afternoon. Expect a high near 54 degrees. Saturday will stay dry, but rain will return Sunday afternoon. On-and-off rain will last through Tuesday morning and could fall on the New Years Eve festivities. The on-and-off rain doesn't stop there. Although a brief break will happen on Tuesday afternoon, more rain will arrive and fall through Wednesday and Thursday.
More rain will aggravate the rising rivers, some of which are expected to rise above flood levels, if they haven't already.
As of Friday afternoon, Flood Warnings are in effect for the Tennessee River at Florence, the Tennessee River at Whitesburg, the Paint Rock River near Woodville, the Flint River at Brownsboro, and for Big Nance Creek at Courtland.
- Rivers rising, more rain on the way
- Many rivers continue to rise
- Temperatures rise and rain returns
- Alabama unemployment rates rise slightly
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Costs are rising for adults with autism
- Car insurance rates are on the rise
- Tensions rise in Alabama governor's race
- Volcano ash plume rises to 12,000 feet
- Locals react to rising interest rates