Photo Gallery 6 Images
The lights went out for many in the Cummings Research Park area Friday, and utilities crews say a vehicle wreck was the cause of it.
Huntsville Utilities says the wreck did not result in any injuries, but there was damage to the outside of the vehicle as a result of electricity.
The public utility says no one was injured, but the situation could have been much worse.
Crews were able to make the necessary repairs to restore power shortly after it went out.
- PHOTOS: Research Park power outage caused by wreck
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- Storms cause power outages, street closures across the Tennessee Valley
- Cubic GATR facility expands in Research Park
- Late night murder closes part of Highway 72, causes power outage
- Strong winds damaged trees and caused power outages in south Huntsville
- Decatur man charged with causing 10-vehicle wreck
- Wreck causes morning headaches on Interstate 565
- Power Outage in Atlanta Grounds Flights, Strands Passengers
- Florida city warns residents of power outage, zombies