Photo Gallery 6 Images
The lights went out for many in the Cummings Research Park area Friday, and utilities crews say a vehicle wreck was the cause of it.
Huntsville Utilities says the wreck did not result in any injuries, but there was damage to the outside of the vehicle as a result of electricity.
The public utility says no one was injured, but the situation could have been much worse.
Crews were able to make the necessary repairs to restore power shortly after it went out.
- PHOTOS: Research Park power outage caused by wreck
- Wreck in southwest Huntsville causes power outage
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- Wind damage causes power outage in Bridgeport
- Madison power back after outage
- Storms cause power outages, street closures across the Tennessee Valley
- Huntsville Utilities says damage from lightning strikes caused power outages
- Damage, power outages caused by strong storm in Madison County
- Huntsville Utilities reporting multiple power outages
- Huntsville Utilities responds to scattered power outages