A man is recovering at home after he was rescued from a ravine near Falkville in Morgan County.
Rescue crews said, Diwayne Lindey had been in there for three days without food or water.
According to family members, his daughter, 14, went to the back of their house, and started yelling for him and he yelled back.
His family tells WAAY 31, he has a broken leg, and broken ribs. He was covered in 56 ticks and was severely dehydrated.
He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning.
It took two hours and five agencies to rescue the man.
At one point a basket of food was lowered to him.
A representative for Morgan County Emergency Management described the rescue.
"He has fallen down a ravine that is inaccessible by anything but foot," said Trent Simon.
"So we have state helicopter out, they're attempting to lower a line with an individual to him to bring him out that way."
- Man rescued from Morgan County ravine after three days
- Morgan County Rescue squad has 3 rescues in one day
- Drivers rescued from high water in Morgan County
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- Morgan County man charged with meth trafficking
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Morgan County man charged with making child porn
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- 3 arrested for drugs in Morgan County
- Body discovered after Morgan county house fire