MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Two people familiar with the situation say Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has entered his name into the NCAA transfer database portal.
The people spoke to The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because the NCAA list is not publicly accessible.
Putting his name on the list allows other schools to contact Hurts, who has already graduated and is eligible to play his final season as a graduate transfer. It's not a binding decision to transfer.
Hurts will likely be a hot commodity. He was a two-year starter who led Alabama to a pair of national championship games and was Southeastern Conference offensive player of the year as a freshman.
- Reports: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts enters NCAA transfer portal
- Could Jalen Hurts transfer from Alabama?
- Alabama’s Jalen Hurts transferring to Oklahoma
- Tide's Tua Tagovailoa tweets support for fellow QB Jalen Hurts
- Jalen Hurts undergoes ankle surgery
- Saban: Jalen Hurts’ comments don’t affect Alabama team
- Alabama’s Jalen Hurts honored before National Championship game
- NCAA eases rules on athlete transfers
- Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa inspiring everyone around them
- Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa faces ankle surgery