The accident report from a wreck that killed a Huntsville woman states the driver of the other car was too intoxicated to be driving.
Jalissa Garner, 25, was driving east on Douglass Road the night of July 10 when Jose Sanchez's car crossed the centerline and hit her car head-on, according to the crash report from Alabama State Troopers.
The report states Sanchez, 34, was too drunk to be driving and was speeding when he crossed the center line.
Sanchez ran from the scene and returned a short time later and told troopers that Garner's vehicle had crossed into his lane, according to the report.
Sanchez was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Troopers are still investigating and said more charges are pending.
- Report: Man charged with leaving fatal wreck was intoxicated
- Fatal motorcycle wreck near UAH
- Suspended Hatton coach was charged with public intoxication
- Man arrested for public intoxication, assaulting Ardmore Police officer
- Decatur man charged with causing 10-vehicle wreck
- Multiple wrecks reported along I-565
- Florence woman indicted after fatal wreck
- Woman killed in Madison County wreck; man charged with leaving scene
- Wreck in Decatur leaves one dead
- Minor injuries reported in Shields Road wreck