The Crimson Tide plan to hold a press conference on Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. for star point guard Collin Sexton. While the nature of the presser isn't known for sure right now, it's probably the worst kept secret in the Yellowhammer State.
We all knew Sexton would be one and done when he signed with Alabama and if a report from AL.com's Matt Zenitz is correct, that will become a reality on Friday.
In one season at Alabama Sexton averaged 19.2 points per game and helped lead the Crimson Tide to the second round of the NCAA Tournament where they lost to the eventual national champion, Villanova.
Sexton is the first All-American from the University of Alabama since Richard Hendrix in 2008 and would also become the first Crimson Tide player drafted since Hendrix was selected by the Golden State Warriors in the second round of the 2008 NBA Draft.
According to NBADraft.net's rankings, Sexton is the top point guard and the eigth-best prospect overall. Their most recent mock draft has Sexton going No. 8 overall to the Chicago Bulls which would make him the first Alabama lottery pick (fourth in program history) since Antonio McDyess went second overall to the Los Angeles Clippers in the 1995 NBA Draft.
- Report: Alabama's Sexton to declare for NBA Draft
- Collin Sexton declares for 2018 NBA Draft
- Sexton ready to see 'dreams come true' on NBA Draft night
- Auburn junior Jared Harper declaring for NBA Draft
- Auburn Basketball star Chuma Okeke Declares for 2019 NBA Draft
- Sexton, Petty rally Alabama past Mercer 80-79
- Darius Slayton declares for NFL Draft
- Sexton leads No. 24 Alabama past Louisiana Tech 77-74
- Sexton's buzzer beater lifts Alabama over Texas A&M, 71-70
- Sexton leads Alabama's 2nd-half surge to beat No. 16 Auburn