NEW YORK (AP) - Three women have told the New York Times that music mogul Russell Simmons raped them.
In a statement Simmons vehemently denied what he called "these horrific accusations," saying all his relations have been consensual.
The accusations reported by the Times Wednesday stem from the 1980s and 1990s. One woman, Drew Dixon, said Simmons raped her in his downtown apartment in 1995. Another, Tina Baker, said Simmons raped her in the early '90s, when he was her manager. A third, Toni Sallie, a music journalist, said he raped her in 1988, also in his apartment.
Last month, HBO said it would edit out any link to Simmons in its "All Def Comedy" show in the wake of a sexual misconduct allegation by screenwriter Jenny Lumet.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/13/2017 6:00:06 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Report: 3 women accuse music mogul Russell Simmons of rape
- Russell Simmons steps down from companies amid allegation
- Reports: Oklahoma City trades Russell Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul, draft picks
- Huntsville's 'Musical Audit'
- Huntsville city councilman Mark Russell receiving national sports spirit award
- Blockbuster hopes Russell Crowe’s jockstrap helps business
- Hobbs Island Road at Russell Drive closed after wreck
- Mark Russell from Huntsville Sports Commission talks Rocket City Classic
- UPDATE: Police arrest Huntsville real estate broker Russ Russell
- Tennessee man accused of child rape, other sex offenses