Work on a massive 5-mile project on Governors Drive was cancelled Monday evening due to a shortage of material specific to the work they had planned for.
Department of Transportation crews will be repaving the road between Old Big Cove Road and Bassett Street. That's basically from Hampton Cove to the medical district.
When the work is performed, crews will close down one lane going toward Huntsville. The Alabama Department of Transportation said the first step will be patching work along U.S. 431.
All of the repaving work will happen at night. On the Hampton Cove side, one lane will be closed from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. From the Huntsville side of the project, one lane will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Crews expect the project to be completed by the end of summer.
- Repaving work on Governors Drive cancelled due to shortage of material
- Repaving underway on Governors Drive in Huntsville after 48-hour delay
- Road work on Governors Drive delayed due to rain
- Governors Drive middle lane striped too small in Huntsville repaving project
- City of Huntsville responds to neighbors outraged over Governors Drive repaving
- Alabama cancels oyster season citing shortage
- HydroFest racing cancelled Friday due to weather
- Crews start repaving near Gurley railroad crossings
- Car overturned on Governors Drive
- Governors Drive reopens after rockslide