Jackson County authorities said they don't believe foul play is involved after human remains were found by hunters over the weekend.
Authorities said they believe the remains of James Elliott Jr., 72, of Decatur were found Friday evening near Hytop -- not far from where Elliott's SUV was found. The remains have been sent to forensics for identifications.
Elliott, who reportedly had Alzheimer's disease, went missing in October 2016. His car was found wedged between two trees in a wooded area of Jackson County.
- Remains in Jackson County believed to be missing man from 2016
- Remains found in Jackson County believed to be those of missing Decatur man
- Authorities locate missing man in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- Skeletal remains found in woods in Jackson County
- Remains found at Owens Cross Roads cemetery believed to be missing grandmother
- Jackson County sheriff: Missing pregnant teen mom, child found safe
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Missing 83-year-old woman found safe
- Photos: County Road 17 in Jackson County remains closed after flooding