As part of Redstone Federal Credit Union's Act's of Brightness Day, employees went to several different retail stores throughout North Alabama paying for people's school supplies.
The company split up in teams to visit the stores.
At check out, the employees swiped their credit card for up to $500 per customer, a nice surprise for many.
" I was very happy when they said we'll be happy to pay for your school supplies, I was like 'yeah! Thanks Im happy for you to do that too,'" said Michael Roadman, a local college student.
Shoppers do not have to be members of the credit union. They are only asked to pay the random acts of kindness forward.
On Saturday, the Tennessee branch of the credit union plans to surprise shoppers.
The company does random acts of kindess at different times around the year.
- Redstone Federal Credit Union surprises shoppers
- Redstone federal credit union offering loans for federal employees
- Redstone Federal Credit Union honored with international award
- Redstone Federal Credit Union to break ground on historic land
- Flooding impacts Redstone Arsenal
- Team Redstone Operations Security Day
- Police investigating robbery at Family Security Credit Union in Decatur
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director
- Team Redstone organizations receive value engineering awards
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts