A monument now sits on Redstone Arsenal honoring the Poarch Band of Creek Indians.
In 2016, the tribe gave $1 million to the Arsenal to improve unsafe traffic conditions at Gate 9. The Arsenal used the money to move the gate back 1,300 feet and to expand from two lanes to four lanes. Tuesday, Redstone honored them with a monument at Gate 9. The tribal chair told us this is just one example of the community working together.
"I think it's important for everyone to know that Gate 9 exemplifies organizations coming together, working together, so that we can have a safer community here in Huntsville, AL," said Stephanie Bryan.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is the only federally recognized Indian tribe in the state of Alabama.
- Redstone Arsenal honors Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Flooding impacts Redstone Arsenal
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts
- Secretary of the Army visits Redstone Arsenal
- Solar power project operational at Redstone Arsenal
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- Vehicle crashes through fence onto Redstone Arsenal
- Redstone Arsenal police seek 2 for questioning
- Redstone Arsenal updates roadway flooding impact