Authorities have arrested a 71-year-old Franklin County man man who assisted teachers at Red Bay school as a result of an abuse investigation.
James Lamar Horton, 71, was booked into the Franklin County Jail Wednesday after state agents served a warrant at his home.
Horton is charged with criminal surveillance, two counts of sexual abuse of a child under 12 and four counts of indecent exposure.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency says the allegations against Horton occurred at Red Bay School.
Horton's bond is set at $200,000.
WAAY 31 has reached out to Franklin County Schools, but a request for comment was not immediately returned.
- Red Bay School assistant charged with child sex crimes
- 'Disgusting': Community reacts to child sex charges against Red Bay School assistant
- Alabama pastor charged with child sex crimes wants bond reduction
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Red Bay man facing multiple rape, sodomy charges
- Madison County Assistant District Attorney breaks down teacher's sex charges
- State investigating abuse allegations at Red Bay School
- Madison County ex-jailer charged with sex crime